Tuesday, October 4, 2016

~ Go Out and Get Ya Some BLOOD STAINED MEMORIES! ~








I'd like to welcome Kathy L Wheeler to the blog with her latest release, part of the A World of Gothic Series, BLOOD STAINED MEMORIES. If that doesn't sound eerie enough, wait to you read the blurb! But first, let's find out a little bit more about Kathy...

What is the best thing you’ve learned about writing and/or the publishing business? 


The best thing I’ve learned about writing and the publishing business is that I could finish something. I started with a 13,000 word Cinderella story called The Shoe the Other Foot Fit. Not an ideal title, right? Another 40,000 words later and a new title The Wronged Princess, and voila! I had the beginnings of an exciting new series.

Do you have hobbies that you’d like to share? 

I used to have a job outside of writing. For sixteen years, I was a computer programmer with the Hertz Corporation. But like many big companies, they went the skeleton, and overseas route. I had a couple of other positions since, but the sudden dip in oil prices hit the Oklahoma City market hard and I was once again laid off. My husband has his own business. Right at the time I was laid off from Devon Energy, he had hip replacement surgery and was out of the office for a couple of months. I helped out by answering the phones, running mail and typing documents for him, at the same time, completing The Mapmaker’s Wife, which incidentally, won 1st place in the Historical Short Category of the International Digital Awards. So now, I focus on my writing. I also took on the acclaimed 25th Annual National Readers’ Choice Awards as the Contest Chair for 2015. A rousing success! Now, I will be giving my first RWA Workshop at the New Jersey’s Put Your Book in a Heart conference on formatting for self-publishing. I’m very excited.

Where do you live, family, pets? Where would you love to live? 

Currently, I live in the Oklahoma City area. I was season ticket holder with the OKC Thunder NBA since 2009, but sadly, recently sold my season ticket package because we will soon be migrating to the northwest. I have a daughter in the San Francisco area, she has the cutest baby boy, and shockingly, another on the way. By the time, the 2nd baby arrives, baby # 1 will just have turned 2. I’m looking forward to seeing them on a much more regular basis!





What CD is in your CD player right now? 

Funny, funny question. Okay, for me, maybe not you. I graduated from the University of Central Oklahoma, which I recently learned is #23 in regional colleges. My degree is a BA in Management Information Systems with a vocal minor. I was almost 40 when I graduated. Too old to do anything truly spectacular with my vocal music except for, well.... karaoke. Okay, so I go the the bar and sing and am usually one of the better singers. Oh, right. You were asking what is in the CD player... Beauty and the Beast. It’s my vocal practice CD when I need to get my voice in shape. I use 3 songs from that particular cd: Home; Something There; End Duet / Transformation. I also love to sing Jewel’s Down So Long and Foolish Games. I also won $300 in a contest with Foolish Games and Celine Dion’s Titanic song: My Heart Will Go On. I doubt I could come close to singing that today. 

I actually karaoke "Foolish Games," too! And I LOVE "Home" from Beauty and the Beast! Beautiful song! Thanks for joining us, Kathy, and for sharing a bit of yourself with us. Now let's learn a little bit more about BLOOD STAINED MEMORIES...


Blurb ~

There on the Gulf Coast in the Florida Panhandle lies the ruins of a haunted, old armory...


Helena Abigail Evans-Ross remembers nothing from her past except the sting of her Aunt Lydia's hand almost knocking her head from her shoulders. "Don't look!" she screamed, just as Abby's gaze meets her father's blank stare, and the realization that she is holding the bloody knife that ended his life. She's home to learn the truth—but can she live with a truth is she is the one who murdered her own father? 

Excerpt ~


I glanced over to my handsome chauffeur. Water from his hair dribbled down a strong neck that disappeared into the collar of his rain-soaked shirt. He and Adam must be somewhere in their mid-to-late thirties by now. I knew his dry hair would resemble burnished gold. The light from the dashboard didn’t reflect the tone of his skin. 

I leaned back in the seat and let his accent wash over me. Its familiarity settled nerves drawn so tight I felt I would shatter with a sudden move. I cleared my throat. “Where do you call home, Mr. Creighton?” There wasn’t much of him that reminded me of that long ago young man, just the clipped British words, making it easier to remember to refer to him as Mr. Creighton.

He grinned. Most likely relieved I’d finally joined the conversation. “Call me, Ian. Manchester, mostly. I’ve been here since spring assisting Adam with his research. I spent summers here on the island as a younger man until—” He tossed a quick glance in my direction. “Well, I’d planned on returning home by now.” His gaze dropped to my ringless fingers before he shifted his attention back to the road. “Though I may find my stay here pleasantly extended.”

Until what? I wanted to scream. Instead, heat flamed my cheeks at his not-so-subtle regard. I curled my fingers beneath my tote and out of sight, at a loss for words. My goal on this quiet Gulf Coast island was not to find romance. My sole agenda dealt with the bland contents of the letter stowed in my bag. A letter stained with my own bloody prints.

Links~

Amz preorder buy link (won’t have the rest until the 8th): https://amzn.com/B01K82OKJG

A World of Gothic Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AWorldofGothicSeries

Author Bio ~



Kathy L Wheeler (aka Kae Elle Wheeler) is the author of fourteen contemporary and historical novels and novellas that range from sweet to spicy. She has a BA in Management Information Systems from the University of Central Oklahoma that includes a vocal minor. She loves the NFL, the NBA, musical theater, travel, reading, writing and just to scratch the singing itch.... karaoke. She is a member Romance Writers of American and The Beau Monde chapter. She currently serves as editor of both, the Regency Reader and Novel Notes Authors newsletters. Kathy lives in Edmond, OK with her attorney and musically talented husband, Al. She has one grown daughter with an adorable baby boy and another on the way, and one bossy cat, who acts as if she were the rescuer rather than the rescue-e!!


Website

Blog

Facebook

Twitter

LinkedIn

Google+

Amazon page

Pinterest

Goodreads

Instagram


Tumblr



25 comments:

MJ Schiller said...

Thanks for joining us, Kathy! This looks like a great read! And right in time for Halloween! I love the picture of you and your grandbaby!

Kathy L Wheeler said...

Thanks so much, MJ. This was a fun story for me. And quite the challenge.

Kathy L Wheeler said...

Thanks MJ. It's frame-worthy, isn't it!

Maureen said...

The book sounds great and so nice to get to know you better! I'm not brave enough for karaoke (can barely spell it, lol). And yes- what an adorable baby!

Leah St. James said...

Wow, Kathy - really interesting background! I wish I'd known you'd be at NJRW's conference this year before I made plans for that weekend. I might have been able to go! Drat. It's a fabulous conference. You'll have a great time, and I know authors will get so much from your presentation! I sing in the choir (NOT a soloist, believe me!) and have been wondering how best to warm up. I'm going to try those songs! And yes, your daughter's baby is a cutie pie. You don't look at all happy either. :-) Enjoy your "g" babies!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Wow Kathy, nice to learn so much more about you!
CUTE baby...hey I say "grandbabies" for mine....12, 10 & 7 LOL!

Book sounds great too.
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

MJ Schiller said...

You should have seen the way I used to spell it before I looked it up! Atrocious! The thing about karaoke that a lot of people don't get is--you don't have to be good. It's actually better if you're really, really bad!

Thanks for joining us, Maureen, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week! :)

MJ Schiller said...

You'll love "Home," Leah. It's a beautiful song!
We appreciate you stopping in today and hope all is right in your world! :)

Kathy L Wheeler said...

Thanks, Leah. Ahhh. Sorry you won't be able to make it to NJRWA.

MJ Schiller said...

I only have a grandpuppy, but she's cute as all get out! Thanks for joining us, Pam, and taking the time to comment! :)

Kathy L Wheeler said...

Thank you, Pam!

Diane Burton said...

Love the picture of you and the baby. He is so precious! You'll be so happy to live closer to them. I don't regret our move to be close to our grandkiddies. Best wishes on this new book.

Alicia Dean said...

Sorry to be late...busy day yesterday. Awwwwww, such an adorable picture! Love it! Excited for your new release...yay!! Another AWOG story!!

Susan Coryell said...

Nice Halloween-themed novel and sweet pic of you and grand-baby. What a bonus that another one is in the works! Best wishes.

Kathy L Wheeler said...

Thank you, Diane. I can hardly wait!

Kathy L Wheeler said...

YAY!!! Me too....

Kathy L Wheeler said...

I appreciate it Susan. Excited about this story and the new baby....heheheh

Kathy L Wheeler said...

Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments.

Kathy L Wheeler said...

ka - rah - ooo - kay....
That's how I pronounce it. Fun stuff, Maureen. I just returned from RomCon and they had a Kicking it off with Karaoke. And of course, I participated. But it turned into more like a sing-along. Very fun.

Unknown said...

Your son is a good looking little man. I hope there's a time machine to have mine now.
Please have some little time to check this site out http://titanicmovie.org/

Kathy L Wheeler said...

will do, lyn. Thank you for commenting. He is ADORABLE!

MJ Schiller said...

I'm glad you don't regret your move, Diane. That must have been hard to leave a comfortable, familiar place and move across country to be closer to your grand-kids. Shows a lot of guts! Thanks for stopping in!

MJ Schiller said...

Read my first Gothic and loved it. Looking forward to reading all of the A World of Gothic stories! Thanks for joining us, Alicia!

MJ Schiller said...

I've always enjoyed reading Christmas stories around Christmas, but have never done that at Halloween. May have to make that a thing. Thanks for popping in, Susan!

MJ Schiller said...

Glad you could join us, Lyn!