Thursday, May 6, 2021

DEATH RACE, It'll Get Your Heart Beating In More Than One Way ~ Kari Lemor #RomanceGem Author


Happy Feature Friday, all! Today I have Romance Gem author Kari Lemor with me and she's brought along her hero and heroine from her new release coming to us this Saturday, DEATH RACE, Book Five in her LOVE ON THE LINE series. Meet my friend Kari and Keith Cho and Samantha Bates. 

Let's start with Keith...

Tell me about yourself? What is your occupation? Why? What are your strengths & weaknesses?


I’m Officer Keith Cho, Boston Police Department. I bring criminals to justice. I don’t think it’s a good idea to publicize any weaknesses. Not in my job.


How did you and Samantha meet? What was your first impression of her?

I met Samantha when her brother, Paul and I became partners in the Boston PD. She was still a teenager at the time. I always enjoyed the time all three of us spent together, though she was far too young for me to think of in any romantic way. I still shouldn’t because Paul made me promise to take care of her. I don’t go back on my word.


What do you like about the Samantha?

There’s lots to like about Sammi. But I’d have to say her best quality is she doesn’t play games. What you see is what you get. She’s truthful no matter what. Even if it hurts your feelings.


Has life handed you any major disappointments?

Sure, everyone has disappointments. My biggest is not being able to save Paul when a scum thief killed him.


If you had an unexpected free day, what would you do with it?

Due to this bullet wound in my shoulder, I’ve got about a month of free days. I’d planned on taking a cross country trip to visit my family. Now that Sammi’s with me, I guess the trip won’t be so boring.





Now it's Samantha's turn...

Tell me about yourself? What is your occupation? Strengths, weaknesses?


I’m Samantha Ann Bates. Sammi to my family. Well, it was. They’re all gone now. I’m a mechanic. I’m good at fixing cars. And saying things maybe I shouldn’t. It doesn’t always go over too well. So I guess that makes it a weakness.


Describe Keith. What was your first impression of him and did it change over time?

Keith Cho has this façade that he presents to the world. Cold, emotionless, business-like. I was kind of intimidated by him when we first met. Thought he was super cute, too. But Paul told me to forget any crush on Keith. But my brother insisted Keith has a sense of humor in there somewhere. Now that we’re on this cross-country trip together, guess I’ll have time to look for it.


Is there anything about Keith that you would consider a flaw?

Sure. The fact he’s a cop. Don’t get me wrong, being a police officer is a noble and courageous career. I have the utmost respect for what they do. Unfortunately, both my father and brother died in the line of duty. I can’t lose someone else that way.


What is it that you want out of life?

See this black eye and these bruises? Yeah, how about not getting punched in the face or kicked by your supposed boyfriend. Cause that really sucks. Is that too much to ask, to be treated well?

I would think not! Has life handed you any major disappointments?

Well, the punching boyfriend was definitely a major disappointment. But before that absolutely. My dad died in the line of duty when I was fourteen. My mom died last year from cancer. Then a month after Mom died, my brother Paul was killed in the line of duty. Not sure I could handle anything bigger than that.


What CD is in your CD player right now?

Well, since I hightailed it out of town so the jerk boyfriend wouldn’t come after me, I don’t have my car or the CD player. But Keith’s nice big truck has all the latest gadgets. Unfortunately, he prefers classic rock. Don’t get me wrong, rock is great, but I need some twanging country boys telling me all their woes so mine don’t seem quite so bad.

Hmm. Not a bad idea.

Now here's more about DEATH RACE...






Blurb ~

The road to happiness is paved with danger...

Recovering from a gunshot wound is the easy part. Boston cop, Keith Cho, discovers coming to grips with his partner’s death requires a different sort of medicine. He’ll start a cross country road trip with seeing his partner’s sister, Samantha Bates.

Sam can’t hide the injuries or the backpack she’s hauling as she hikes away from town. Fleeing from her abusive ex-boyfriend is key. When she and Keith reconnect on a back country road, he insists she come with him.

Keith is good company but needs to stay firmly in the friend category. Being with a cop can only lead to heartache, something Sam can’t handle again. As they travel, frequent accidents seem far too convenient. Are these incidents connected to them or a mystery someone wants silenced? It’s a race against death and someone’s going to lose.


HERE'S WHERE YOU CAN BUY DEATH RACE:


Amazon CA https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B091NDNYBV/

Amazon Au https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B091NDNYBV/

Amazon UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B091NDNYBV/

Amazon DE https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B091NDNYBV/

Amazon IN https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B091NDNYBV/

B&N https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/death-race-kari-lemor/1139173843?ean=2940162252054

iBooks https://books.apple.com/us/book/death-race-love-on-the-line-book-5/id1561506890

Google https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Kari_Lemor_Death_Race_Love_on_the_Line_book_5?id=qKcKEAAAQBAJ&hl=en&gl=US

Kobo https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/death-race-love-on-the-line-book-5

Books2Read https://books2read.com/u/31lKAn



Thanks for being my guests today, Kari, Keith, and Samantha!

3 comments:

kari lemor said...

Thanks so much for having me and my friends, Keith and Sam, on your blog. These two are great fun to be with!!

Caroline Clemmons said...

Kari, I love your logo, "The road to happiness is paved with danger." Best wishes for continued success!

kari lemor said...

Thanks so much!!