Sunday, August 14, 2022

Will He Be The Last One Standing? Come Find Out! From Author Lucinda Race




Hey, all! I've got the wonderful Lucinda Race here today and she's brought along a couple of friends. First is Barrett, an avowed bachelor who may end up being the last man standing among his friends.
Along with Barrett is Tallie, who may have something to say about that. Let's get to know them...




 
Let's start with you, Barrett. 
Tell me about yourself. What is your occupation? Why? What are your strengths & weaknesses?

I’m a family court judge who has a strong sense of right and wrong. I can have tunnel vision when it comes to my court room and I tolerate zero nonsense. Maybe even in life. After all I’m over 40 and still single.


Ahh. Good point. What do you like about Tallie? 

I like that Tallie is a strong and independent woman who doesn’t let fear stop her.

What is it that you want out of life? 

I know it sounds old-fashioned, but I want what everyone else seems to have--an amazing woman and a home and maybe even a couple of kids. But I’m the last of my friends still single.

Something tells me that won't be for long. Okay. Now, just for fun...but it may be very revealing...what was the last music you listened to? 

Aerosmith





Nice! Let's let Tallie have a turn. Tallie, tell me about yourself. What is your occupation? Strengths, weaknesses? You know the drill. 

I’m a corporate lawyer who seldom makes time to date. My career is important to me. But it also doesn’t leave me free time to meet a great guy.

Describe Barrett. What was your first impression of him and did it change over time? 

The first time I met Barrett I didn’t know he was a judge, I just thought he was a good looking guy. The second time we met at a dinner for lawyers, he was speaking and I was impressed by his intelligence. The third time I was helping out a co-worker in family court and I went before Barrett. My respect for him grew as he was uncompromising. I hate to admit it but I found that very captivating.

Okay, let's give you a fun one. If you had an unexpected free day, what would you do with it? 

Take me to the beach with a quick stop on Fed Hill in Providence for coffee and pastry. That’s my idea of a perfect day.

Sounds great, only make mine a Diet Pepsi, please! Let's hear a little bit more about your story...








Blurb ~

Attorney Tallie Dorz has heard the rumors circulating through the halls of justice about the devastatingly handsome Judge Barrett Turner. As rumor has it, no woman has ever lasted longer than a couple of dates with this eligible bachelor. A chance meeting at a mutual friend’s house piques her interest. With one long, simmering look from the enigmatic jurist, she’s captivated and wants to crack his cool facade and melt his heart.Barrett Turner has it all; a reputation as a respected judge, money, and good looks. What he doesn’t have is someone to share his life with. He’s the last man standing among his group of close friends. A brief encounter with gorgeous attorney Tallie Dorz changes all of that. The first time he sees her he’s captivated; the second time is during a meeting for a group of lawyers; and the third occurs when she appears before him in court. So much for the third time being the charm. There’s no way he would risk becoming involved with an attorney who handles family law. As captivating as she is, he won’t risk an obvious conflict of ethics.

Tallie helps another attorney by appearing, along with his client, in Judge Turner’s courtroom—her one and only appearance in family court before returning to her specialty of corporate law. Even though the judge with dark brown eyes scowled at her from the bench, she can’t help but wonder what it would be like to have him across the dinner table. Much to her surprise, Barrett calls her and asks her to have lunch, and she eagerly accepts.

When a case she’s working on puts a target on Tallie’s back, Barret realizes his feelings are more intense than just his usual fling. He vows to not let anything stop him from keeping her safe and, ultimately, winning her heart.
Can two career-minded professionals open their hearts to a lifetime of love?





TO PURCHASE BARRETT:

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZSYJ7T8
Paperback Barnes https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/barrett-lucinda-race/1141481917?ean=9781954520332


AND YOU CAN FIND LUCINDA HERE:

Bookbub Lucinda Race https://www.bookbub.com/profile/lucinda-race

Amazon Author Page https://www.amazon.com/Lucinda-Race/e/B00Q0MMNUM

Lucinda’s Heart Racers Reader Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/118597305361578

Goodreads – Lucinda Race- https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/10174985.Lucinda_Race


https://twitter.com/LucindaRace




Very intriguing, indeed! Thanks for visiting with us Lucinda, Barrett, and Tallie. We appreciate the opportunity to get to know you better.



2 comments:

Liz Flaherty said...

This has nothing to do with ANYthing, but when I worked at the PO, one of my favorite customers was an attorney whose last name was Barrett. Add that to the fact that the guy on your cover resembles one of my grandsons, and you have me! :-)

Caroline Clemmons said...

Sounds intriguing!