Thursday, April 29, 2021

Things Could Get Hot in OPERATION CODE NAME: DESERT LOVE by Constance Bretes #RomanceGems



Howdy! To welcome in the weekend we are featuring today my Romance Gem friend Constance Bretes and her OPERATION CODE NAME: DESERT LOVE. And Connie brought friends with her, Len and Clarissa Let's get to know them...




Tell me about yourself? What is your occupation? Why? What are your strengths & weaknesses?

I am Sergeant Major Len Roberts, I’m with the Delta Force. I cannot reveal to you anything more than that.

Well, this is going to be a very short interview then, wink, wink. ;) Let's try this one--what’s your family like and how does your upbringing affect you now?

I don’t know if I can be a good father to any children. I came from an abusive home, and I don’t want to be abusive to my children, if I were to have any. I actually don’t consider my biological father my real father. My real father and inspiration, is General Maason. The man who took me and my sister in when we needed him. If I were to be a father, I’d like to be like him. But I don’t know if I can do it.

Hmm. Tell me a little about Clarissa. How did you two meet? What was your first impression of her?

I’ve known Clarissa all her life. I am best friends with her brother, Terrence. When we were hanging together, we often included Clarissa in with us as she was a tomboy. I also took Clarissa to her Senior Prom. I’ve always been impressed with her, as I stated, she was a tomboy and could play just as hard as we did.

Besides that, what do you like about the her?

Her dedication to the people of Afghanistan and her desire to help young mothers and their babies. She was a very caring humanitarian aid worker.

What is it that you want out of life?

To get out of Afghanistan alive, and with all my limbs.


That would seem like a good goal to have. Thanks for talking with us. Let's give Clarissa the stage now...

Tell me about yourself? What’s your family like and how does your upbringing affect you now?

My father is the Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, a 4 star general, and his boss is the President of the United States. My mother died when I was very young. My father brought into our home a young woman named Kaitlin, and her brother, Len Roberts, who is best friends with my brother, after they were severely beaten by their father. Their father tripped over something and fell down the stairs and broke his neck. He died, and my dad brought them over to our home and fed and clothed them. Eventually, my father married Kaitlin. Len and Terrence went into the military together. My life was always surrounded by military and our life was always about law and order.

What is your earliest childhood memory?

Swinging on a swing and having Len push me higher and higher.

Describe your hero. What was your first impression of him and did it change over time?

I’ve been in love with Len since I was about ten years old. I always loved going to places with him and Terrence, and we always did the coolest things like sky diving, rocky mountain climbing, dirt bike riding, volleyball, all things that guys do, I love doing too because I got to be around Len. As I grew up, I learned to love him with teenager eyes, then as a woman. My love never swayed and I always knew in my heart we were to be together.

Aww! That's beautiful! Let's hear more about your story...


Blurb ~


Her best hope for survival is the one man she never wants to see again.

Clarissa Maasen is a humanitarian relief worker who’s stationed in Afghanistan. When she and two of her coworkers are kidnapped by insurgents and held hostage, she can only hope that her father, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will send his best men to rescue them—more specifically, Len Roberts of the Delta Force.

The last time Len saw Clarissa, it did not end on good terms. But he will risk his life to rescue this woman who is never far from his thoughts.

Can he rescue her in time? And will they be able to control the passion erupting between them?



Book release date: April 26, 2021













Bio ~

Constance started writing contemporary romance and romantic suspense fifteen years ago. She was born and raised in Michigan. After working for the State of Michigan for 38 years, she retired. She and her husband moved to Montana and lived in the mountainside of a small town. There, locked in her office overlooking the mountains, was where this story, Operation Code Name: Desert Love, was written. After living in Montana for three years, they moved to Alabama with her cat, Sunny, who owns both her and her husband. Her hobbies include basket weaving, reading mafia romance books, diamond painting, and fiddling at the piano.


Constance’s Website: www.constancebretes.com Reader eMail: cbretes@constancebretes.com



Thank you for joining us, Constance, Len and Clarissa! It was nice having you!



12 comments:

Connie Bretes said...

Thank you MJ, for having me on your blog. I enjoyed having the conversation with you snd my characters.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Connie, I've longed for an office with a view overlooking the mountains. Probably a good thing I don't have anything that enticing or I'd spend too much time looking out the window instead of writing. I love my tiny office where I have no distractions. That's a terrific cover. Best wishes for continued success!

MJ Schiller said...

Loved having you, Connie! Come back any time!

MJ Schiller said...

Thanks for stopping in, Caroline! We appreciate it! Hope you have a great day! :)

Bonnie Edwards said...

Great interview! congrats on this lovely release, Constance!

Kara O'Neal said...

I enjoyed the interviews with the characters. Len seems VERY steady and VERY committed to being a good man.

MJ Schiller said...

Hi, Bonnie! We appreciate you taking the time to stop in, read, and comment. Hope you are having a splendid day! :)

MJ Schiller said...

And I thought Len was a great name for a military man. Just sounds right! Thanks for joining in the conversation! :)

Connie Bretes said...

Thank you Caroline for stopping by. Yes, I miss my Mountain View.

Connie Bretes said...

Thank you Kara for stopping by. Len wasn’t perfect, but he was honest to a fault.

Connie Bretes said...

Thank you Bonnie for stopping by. Thanks for the compliment on my book cover.

Connie Bretes said...

Caroline, I screwed up and put my reply to you under Bonnie, sorry about that!